Grant Ingersoll started the conference with a keynote on search + big data “it’s still all about the user“. A refreshing talk on keeping the end users needs, both internal and external, in mind rather than fixating on specific technologies / technical band wagons.
- Apache #Pig tip of the day: The HadoopJobHistoryLoader in the piggybank can be used to check for failed jobs amongst other things. 7 hours ago
- RT @tregoning: Spent my holiday in Maui took Google Glass with me, this is the result: youtube.com/watch?v=td1w5M… #throughglass 1 day ago
- RT @jeffpotts01: We won't start reviewing #Alfresco Summit proposals until Monday so take the weekend if you need it #SummitNow 3 days ago
- Apache #Pig tip of the day: visualise execution plan as a directed acyclic graph using -dot arg for EXPLAIN, pass output thru graphviz dot 3 days ago
- Apache #Pig tip of the day: just like your favourite RDBMS Pig has an EXPLAIN command - get logical/physical and MapReduce execution plans. 4 days ago